The Hidden World of G.I.Joe
It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: EPISODE 2: TOY FAIR 2012 ROUNDTABLE
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:59 pm 
Booth Staff
Booth Staff

Episode 2:
TOY FAIR + the origins of Retaliation Night-Viper and Crimson Guard.
We are joined by Joe Declassified Owner SAM "Nomad" DAMON!
http://jdso.podbean.com/2012/03/01/ep-2-toy-fair-2012/

Last edited by Gyre-Viper on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: JoeDeclassified:SPEC-OPS PODCAST (JDSO)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:00 pm 

I listened to the first episode and most of the second one yesterday during my commute, and I really enjoyed it. One thing that you might think about though is maybe not having so many people contributing to every episode. It works ok, but I could never tell who was talking at any given time other then Gyre, and that got a little bit confusing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:39 pm 

Great second episode! I am more excited about the figs after listening. Like Shogi said I didnt even realize the light piping and the differences from the Toy Fair pics. Wasnt sure who said it but i really hope the "larger" missle launchers (Duke's) can be used in conjuction with the vehicles. That would be a great plus and a way to use the launchers.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:28 am 
Booth Staff
Booth Staff

Xenos wrote:
I listened to the first episode and most of the second one yesterday during my commute, and I really enjoyed it. One thing that you might think about though is maybe not having so many people contributing to every episode. It works ok, but I could never tell who was talking at any given time other then Gyre, and that got a little bit confusing.

First of all, thank you for listening!!!!

Part of our hope is that after a few episodes you'll come to know everyone and it won't be as confusing. Heheheh.

Eventually as we go along... (for example episode 3 which is coming up)... you'll notice that now that we have a lot of introductions etc out of the way... we'll be tapping certain team members for episodes. We have a ton of things lined up... some really big guests... and only certain Declassified people will be on each episode. For ToyFair, if you notice... Chris Murray wasn't present. He's a vintage guy and really has nothing to say about the new stuff. So if people don't want to or really have nothing to contribute to a topic... you'll find that they are noticeably absent from certain episodes. So hopefully after while that will help make it clear who everyone is. We also have some very specific episodes lined up where maybe only one or two of us will be present and once you figure out who those 2 or 3 people are... next time we have a big roundtable like with Cobra Island or Toy Fair... you won't have to concentrate on those people and will be able to absorb who the others are. I mean basically we're experimenting at this point. We know there's a lot of us... and we're just trying to find the right formula.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:36 pm 

Gyre-Viper wrote:

Part of our hope is that after a few episodes you'll come to know everyone and it won't be as confusing. Heheheh.

What's on Joe Mind had the same issue early on. Didn't take long to get used to everyone and more easily pick out each voice.

Good show so far, but I will say that the editing pace is a bit slow. There are a lot of moments of dead air that can easily be cut out. Same goes for a few reactions to jokes that were obviously funny at the time, but simply not there in the end product. I'm sure that sort of thing will improve as everyone gets the hang of it.

Roger